Areas of expertise
Black Holes can offer its services in respect of a wide range of international legal, policy and political aspects of outer space activities and their applications here down on Earth, in the following main areas of expertise.
• International and national space law and policy developments
• International cooperation
• Regional developments such as in the EU-context or with the European Space Agency (ESA)
• Privatisation and commercialisation of space activities
• Launching and space transportation
• Space tourism and private spaceflight
• Satellite communications, as part of the broader field of telecommunications
• Satellite earth observation and remote sensing for various purposes
• Satellite navigation systems (GNSS) such as Galileo
• Space laboratories such as the International Space Station (ISS)
• Colonisation of space and celestial bodies
• Radio astronomy and other scientific exploration of space
• Military and dual-use issues of outer space and space activities
• Trade issues regarding space products and services
• International financing and insurance of space activities
• The legal status of the moon and other celestial bodies, including issues of planetary defence and planetary protection
In case you are searching for expertise in an area not as such indicated above, you may have a look at the list of major projects which are part of Black Holes’ portfolio, scrutinise the publications and other activities of Black Holes’ Director Frans von der Dunk as listed in the academic biography, or employ the Search button on the main menu.
Of course, you are always welcome to contact Black Holes for further information.